Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Closing in fast...

Well, my EDD situation is all cleared up, as expected. Thank God!!!(if there is a God). I couldn't imagine having to scramble to find a shitty job right away. My writing would have taken a major hit for a while and it would have fucking sucked ass. In the meantime, I'm going to use my unemployment as more of a business investment and try and make money with money. Sounds risky, but actually not. I have a few ways I can make a little here, little there, and so on.

In the writing department, I'm closing in fast. Over the past week, I've been adding layer upon layer into my Vegas story. I can definitely say that my story and character ideas now are 100x better than what I had before in my previous 60 page draft. A lot of those 60 pages are probably going to be gone and I'm happy about it. Another reason why I know I'm growing as a writer - before, I hated the thought of having to scrap 60 hard-earned pages. Now as an older, mature writer in my late 20's, I'm starting to realize what it's going to take to produce a good spec. Work, work work. Torture, torture, torture.

In terms of actual script pages, I did rewrite my opening a bit. It just feels soooo much better now. I can see the movie in my head. I can see it all now. I even came up with the mid-point conflict that serves the story both in plot and theme. It's perfect!

I do have a few concerns about my main character, but I expect to iron out those small details today hopefully. My goal is to have one of those crazy writing days where you write an insane amount of pages because you just feel it. I once had a day like that. I wrote some 80 pages in one day. I just completely tore through this old spec that had a Christmas-themed idea. I was in that world all day and night. I lived the story first-hand. I was there. So with my new story, I'm hoping once I iron out the small details, I can push through this spec and write madly like an addict.

I'm close to getting there - oh so close...

No comments:

Post a Comment